Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lost Puppy

So a couple days ago I let my dog Jax run around. He was hanging out with my maintenance man "helping" him clean a space. A while later the maintenance man came into the office but Jax didn't. I went outside to try and find him. He was just around the corner sniffing at the oleander by the fence. I walked up to him to see what he was doing. Lo and behold....there was a puppy on the other side! He was really friendly but timid. I went and told my coworker what Jax found. We went over and tried to coax him under the fence. Then my maintenance man came over and put something under the fence to hold it up. He crawled under and went to get the food I had brought for him. My maintenance man got excited and tried to catch him. It freaked the puppy out and he ran back under the fence. We left him alone for a bit. Then my coworker and I came back with some more food. We set it out and called for the puppy. He came back. He came back under the fence but immediately went back under. He did that a few times but each time he took a bite of food. Then he ran under the fence and I didn't see him again for a while. I put food out for him and he ate it. Well, today I finally coaxed him out and under the fence. He came to me but only after he finished his food. He is sooooo sweet. I would keep him but I already have my hands full with Jax and the cats. I've been looking for a no kill shelter. I don't want him to be put down just because he's a pit (or pit mix...whatever the case may be). I finally ran across this company called treat em right. It's a shelter for pits! They rescue them and then find loving homes to put them in! I was so happy to find them! I've sent an email, now I'm just waiting for a response. I hope they can help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment