Friday, March 8, 2013

Dreams

Dreams are pretty important to me. I feel that I can learn a lot from them. In the past couple weeks I've had 2 dreams about tornados, 1 about zombies, 1 about my Grandma, 1 about school...and other dreams as well. The tornados and the one about my Grandma are what really stand out to me. Tornadoes are supposed to represent tumultuous people or reckless relationships in your life.
The one about my Grandma was strange. She passed away in July. Since then my family has been talking about how she visits them or their kids. I.e...being the person that I am...got somewhat jealous...not overly jealous, just slightly. She's my Grandma too and I love her just as much as they do so why not me too.
Well, back to the dream...
We were at the table in her house getting flowers ready for her funeral arrangement. We had to cut the stems basically all the way off. They were red tulips in my dream. My Grandma talked to me a little bit and told me she loved me. Other people came in and out of the dream but for the must part she focused on me and the flowers. As we were getting closer to being finished, she grabbed one of the flowers and started cutting it in half. It looked like a poppy rather than a tulip though. She have me one half and took the other and said this is how we'll remember...or something to that effect. It was a very powerful dream. When I woke up I remembered it all. I immediately looked up the meaning of red tulips and poppies-
Poppy 
To see a poppy in your dream symbolizes fertility, and abundance. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to learn to forget or forgive. You need to let go out the past and look forward to the future. In particular, if the poppy is red, then it represents a sacrifice that you need to make or have made. It is also symbolic of remembrance.
Tulips  
To dream tulips denotes new beginnings. You are at the time in your life where you feel great about yourself and thankful of how events have unfolded in your favor. Tulips are symbolic of love, hope, and faith.
I posted my dream on Facebook and my cousins and brother all tried to change the flowers thinking that they might be some of Grandma's favorites. I know in my dream they may not have looked like what they were but they were tulips and a poppy.
My Grandma is very special to me. We lived in New Mexico and she (all of my mom's family) lives in Idaho. We only got to see them once a year. Even though that was the case my Grandma Bessie was more of a Grandma than the one that lived down the road from us. Grandma Bessie always loved each and every one of her grandchildren the same. She made everyone feel special, loved and accepted. Grandma had the absolute purest love of Christ within her. She is sorely missed but I know that with the plan of salvation, she is with our Father in Heaven, at peace, full of joy and happiness. I know that we will see each other again and I can't wait for that glorious day. Watching her go was extremely hard. She fought to stay with us. But she needed to go, to be on the other side. She was in too much pain to stay. Grandma blessed everyone that she came into contact with, even for a brief moment of meeting her. I love you Grandma and can't wait to see you again <3

No comments:

Post a Comment