Sunday, March 17, 2013

Health nut

I'm soooooo not a health nut. I wish I were though. It would make losing weight a whole lot easier. So far I have lost 40 pounds. I'm at a stand still with my weight loss now. I was doing really well. I was eating a healthy vegan diet and felt amazing. my friend decided that she would be vegan for 3 months (January-march)...the catch...I would have to cook for her. At first it was fine. They did good but slowly started losing track and bringing me with them. Not that it's their fault that I ate meat again, it's not. That was all me. But I found it easier to "cheat" when I wasn't the only one cheating. I'm quite disappointed that let myself fall back into my old habits. I loved being vegan. I also love meat. But I think I love the feeling if being clean on the inside more.
It's in the word of wisdom that we should only eat meat in times of famine. I've related that to several members and all anyone says is "well that one is more of a guideline...it's optimal"....etc. I've never understood why that one is optional to follow but drinking tea or coffee or even alcohol for that matter is a sin. I've looked in a few different manuals from different prophets of the church and again they focus mostly on staying away from alcohol, narcotics, coffee and tea. I hope that one day I'll understand. I'll continue to do research and see what I can find. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment